- Category: G1.Sniper 3 Review
- Published on Monday, 01 July 2013 19:42
- Written by Super User
- G1.Sniper 3 Review
- Introduction, Box, Accessories, and Board
- Layout and Design
- Circuit Analysis
- BIOS Walkthrough/Gallery
- Air Overclocking(LLC Testing Included)
- Liquid Nitrogen Testing Results
- Test Setup and Benchmarks
- PLX8747 vs. NF200 vs. Native Z77 and Z68
- Creative Core3D (CA0132) Audio Testing
- USB 3.0 Tests and Software
- All Pages
Liquid Nitrogen Testing Results:
So part of my reviews I am taking every board for some extreme liquid nitrogen overclocking.
This is the max LN2 CPU Frequency Overclock:
Here is the maximum BCLK Overclock:
Here are some benchmarks:
The board is pretty efficient in 2D Benchmarks.
Some LN2 OC Notes:
First off the Sniper 3 has pretty good cold boot bug behavior, I only triggered it twice throughout 5 hours of benching, and of course I have no cold bug. Better than the other motherboards I have tested. The G1.Sniper 3 has better restart behavior as well, and I was actually able to change the BCLK a lot with full shut down and not trigger the CBB. Now the Sniper 3 has the PLX bridge, so OCing with the BCLK with cards like the 7970 needs to have the PCI-E mode set to 2.0 instead of 3.0, but the 7970 and the ATI 7000 series in general have this issue. It seems to not persist on the GTX680s. It is a pretty good board for LN2 OC, I thought it worked well, and the CPU OC is just as high as on the other boards I have tested.